We are now in an age of digital technology, where there are so many opportunities opening up for people around the world. The internet has created an open source platform for anyone to learn, make money, and connect with a diverse community. This workshop will focus on career development and professional tools that can be accessed online. All levels of technology adopters are welcome in this discussion-based session.
- Group technology discussion: Talk in small groups about how technology can be used in personal lives professional settings.
- Technology career building: Hear from Andrea Del Rio on what she does day to day professionally, how technology plays a role, and how she gained the skills needed to succeed.
- Google Drive Exercise: Learn how to collaborate with Google Drive by creating a project
- Introductions + Welcome (30 minutes): Brief introduction to understand goals of the workshop - all levels welcome. Group discussion about technology, and the type of technology we will be talking about. Break into groups where each participant self identifies into a level (1, 2, 3).
- Group session 1 (30 minutes): Participants break into groups based on level. 1-2 leaders sits with each group to talk about using the internet and devices for career growth and skill building. Each participant should talk about career goals, and figure out how technology can help with that goal. Participants can write down thoughts before discussing as a group.
- How do you use technology in your daily life?
- What are good and bad things about digital technology?
- What does your family and community think of digital technology?
- Each participant should write down 1-3 professional career goals. We are going to go around in a circle and discuss how technology can help you get there.
- How comfortable are you using digital technology and computers?